Welcome to Black Hills Trailside Park Resort!
Black Hills Trailside Park Resort Campgrounds Cabins & RV Park. We are a vacation resort that consists of 35 RV sites, 14 tent sites, 8 vacation cabins and an 8-person Mickelson Trail suite. Just on the edge of Hill City, our campgrounds in the Black Hills are within walking distance of downtown, the location is central to many attractions, restaurants, and shops. The Mickelson Trail hiking-biking trail bisects the resort, and we are connected to ATV trails. The brown and rainbow trout are in Spring Creek, which meanders through the property, waiting to be caught, and you can also pan for gold. We have car, ATV, and also gold pans & some fishing poles to compliment your stay. Bring your floaties. Ten miles from Mount Rushmore, and many other hot spots! Choose our Black Hills campground for your next stay!
Your Home Away From Home
Amenities & Accommodations
8 clean cabins with 4-5 person capacity
Deluxe RV Sites
35 generously sized W/S/50 amp sites
14 spacious tent sites
Free WiFi & Cable
Good Cell service, wifi, & cable TV w108 channels
Very clean restrooms & shower house
Spring Creek w/ trout fishing & gold panning
109 mile Mickelson Trail intersects Resort for hiking and bicycling
ATV & Car Rentals
Onsite ATV & Car rentals, pricing available upon request
Cabins & Suite
We have 8 luxury cabins that are big enough to house 4 to 5 people each. Our beautiful cabins in the Black Hills offer our guests the great outdoors experience, within the comforts of a clean cabin that provides all the necessary conveniences of home, including free cable TV and Wi-Fi, a full bath, and kitchenette. For a larger party, book our 8-person Mickelson Trail Suite.
RV & Tent Camping
Whether you have your own RV or you prefer to get even closer to nature with tent camping, our Black Hills campgrounds offer 35 deluxe RV suites with generously sized W/S/50 amp sites, complete with water, sewer, electric, and complimentary cable and Wi-Fi, in addition to 14 spacious tent sites. Wake up to the smell of the great outdoors and the sounds of wildlife in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.
- On-Site Activities:
- Hike or bicycle the Mickelson Trail (109 miles of trails that bisects our resort)
- Fish for brown or rainbow trout, gold pan, or inner tube in Spring Creek which runs through the Resort
- Within walking distance of downtown with the finest wineries, restaurants, shops, galleries, and museums (ccc, teddy bear, dinosaur, train)
- Children’s playground and pet friendly, with pet cabins also.
- Great call service, wifi, and cable TV w/108 channels
- Centrally located to all attractions: 10 miles to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, and Needles Highway, etc.
- Mickelson Trail = We’re On It!
- Hill City, SD = 5 Blocks
- 1880 Train = 4 Blocks Mi
- Needles Highway = 2.8 Mi
- Sheridan Lake = 6 Mi
- Custer State Park = 8.7 mi
- Crazy Horse Memorial = 14 mi
- Mount Rushmore = 10 mi
- Pactola Lake = 15.3 mi
- Rapid City, SD = 27.7 mi
- Deadwood, SD = 44.6 mi
- Spearfish Canyon = 57.8 mi
- Badlands national Park = 88.2 mi
- QUIET TIME is from 10 p.m. – 7 a.m. Please no loud music or disturbing other campers.
- WATER AT RV SITES: The water pressure is very high! If you leave for the day, please shut the water off.
- RV AWNINGS: Please take care with your awnings–we sometimes get high winds and/or hail.
- FIRERINGS: Please do not move the Firerings.
- PETS: Please pick up after your pets–Doggy Bag Stations are provided. Dogs need to be on leashes at all times.
- GOLD PANS & FISHING POLES are available at the office. $10 cash deposit per item. When you bring the items back in working order, your deposit will be returned.
- FIREWOOD available for $5/bundle cash only.
- VEHICLES: Please keep ALL vehicles off the grass–this includes Trailers, Cars, Trucks, & ATVs. We pay a lot for lawn maintenance.
“My husband and I stayed here at the end of our week long trip to south Dakota. Absolutely beautiful . By far the nicest and CLEANEST campground we stayed at . We will recommend this to everyone. Thank you for a great end to our trip.”
“We had a great stay at Black Hills Trailside Resort. It met all of our needs and wants. The location was convenient because it is located by downtown Hill City. It was clean and family friendly. The staff was friendly and helpful. It would also be a great location for Bike Week. We would definitely stay here again!”
“The place is absolutely beautiful with a peaceful stream running through it. The staff was amazing and kind in helping us to choose what to see for the three days we had to spend here. We can’t wait to return when we make this trip again. Thanks for making it special!”
“This is a really nice location to camp, really close to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse. There are both RV and camping sites with power hookups if you want. The staff there was great and helped us with everything we needed. Highly recommend staying here if you are passing through. Can make reservations in advanced.”
Want to see more?
Get a closer look at Trailside Park Resort!
We are proud to be located in one of the most beautiful places on earth, the Black Hills of South Dakota. Our campground is located in Hill City, South Dakota. We have lush grounds for your tent, RV camping, beautiful cabins and lodging. You have 8 different cabins to choose from that will accommodate as many as 4 or 5 people per cabin. We also have the Mickelson Suite available, which will lodge up to 8 people! Each cabin and the lodge features a full bath and kitchenette. We also utilize clean Hill City water and sewer lines for your convenience. Black Hills Trailside Park Resort provides a premier South Dakota camping vacation spot you will never forget!
Your next Adventure Awaits
Nestled in the heart of the black hills!
Experience the beautiful and historic natural wonders of the Black Hills of South Dakota at Black Hills Trailside Park Resort Campgrounds Cabins & RV Park.